Dr. William Granzig with Hillary Rodham Clinton
The American Academy of Clinical Sexology, the premiere approved provider for sex therapy training, was founded in 1989 by William Granzig, PhD.
Dr. Granzig has a worldwide reputation as a pioneering expert in clinical sexology education. Among his many professional faculty appointments, he has served as a professor of sexology, teaching graduate classes in human sexuality, at the Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine at the University of Illinois, University of Florida Medical School, Shu-Te University (Taiwan) and Peking University (Beijing, China).
This much-honored professor of sexology received the prestigious Magnus Hirschfeld Medal for Sex Reform from the German Sexological Society (DGSS) in 2002 and the Lifetime
Achievement Medal from the Portuguese Academy of Sexology in 2014. He served as president of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists, president of the World Congress of Sexology and founding editor of the Journal of Sex Education and Therapy.
His vast array of professional publications includes The Parent Test published by G.P Putnam’s Sons and The Sexual Template and Erotolgy.
Dr. Granzig founded the American Board of Sexology (ABS) in 1986 to provide quality assurance to the public through an objective certification program for clinical sexologists worldwide. Currently, he is the ABS President Emeritus.
A partial list of mental health professionals who have earned a PhD in clinical sexology under his tutelage can be found here.
Dr. Granzig continues to actively teach, speak and has a limited clinical practice in Winter Park, Florida, where he resides.
ADVISORY BOARD OF THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF CLINICAL SEXOLOGY
- Pedro de Freitas, MD, PhDPhysician, Psychotherapist and Sexologist. Founder of the American-Portuguese Sexology Institute
- Erwin Haeberle, PhD, EdD, MAFounder and Director, Magnus Hirschfeld Archive for Sexology at Humboldt University Berlin, Germany,Maintains the world’s largest web site on human sexuality.
- Shere Hite, PhDInternational award winning research scientist in sexology, author of the critically acclaimed Hite Reports on Male and Female Sexuality.
- Hu Peicheng, MD, PhDProfessor of Medical Psychology at Peking University, Beijing, China Chairman-Chinese Medical Psychology Education Society, Secretary-General –China Sexology Association.
- Ian Kerner, PhDNew York Times best selling author of She Comes First, AOL sexology advice columnist on sexuality and relationships, “America’s hippest young sexologist” New York Times.
- Heba Kotb, MD, PhD“Arab worlds leading sexologist” Wall Street Journal.Host of the Big Talk, the Arab world’s premiere and most popular television show dealing with sexology.
- Rachael Ross, MD, PhDPhysician, sexologist, Founder of “Ask Dr. Rachael”, first and most popular website designed for African-Americans, “The Oprah Winfrey of sex” Google searches.
- James Walker, PhD, FAACS President, American Board of Sexology, Fellow-American Academy of Clinical Sexology
- Ng Emil, MD
- Erwin J. Haeberle, PhD, EdD, MA
- Shere Hite, PhD
- Judy Kuriansky, PhD
- Hu Peicheng, MD
CLINICAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS
- Krista Bloom, PhD
- Pedro deFreitas, MD, PhD
- Rhonda Fine, ARNP, PhD
- Brenda Garma, PhD
- Joe Kort, PhD
- Heba Kotb, MD, PhD
- Jakob Pastoetter, PhD
- Anagloria Mora, PhD
- James Walker, PhD
CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSORS
- Jacques Babin, PhD
- Edward Fankhanel, EdD, PhD
- Ditza Katz, PhD
- Ian Kerner, PhD
- Arlen Keith Leight, DDS, PhD
- Claudia Rieman, PhD
- Dae Sheridan, PhD
- Ross Tabisel, PhD
- Sally Valentine, PhD
- Shirley Woodward, PhD